Development of manufacturing processes that ensures consistently high-quality products and cost effective production with formal processing training (RJG, Bozelli or Paulson) with Master Molder level preferred. Passionate about training with a drive for process improvements. MUST be hands on working on manufacturing floor supporting production. Tool development, injection molding equipment and/or robotics experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Optimize customer service through teamwork and communication
2. Troubleshoots machine processes and tooling issues to optimize part quality and minimize inefficiencies. Develop continuous improvement plans.
3. Develop and review process spec sheets document particular setup of molding machine, robot parameters and TPMs.
4. Interviews, trains, and assesses technical personnel on machines, tools, blenders, and robot processes. Maintains & develops training matrix.
5. Assist, assess and root cause investigates scrap calls to get to resolution. Participates in weekly scrap meeting to gather information to minimize scrap. Maintains Scrap data on top offenders, leads team in improvement activities.
6. Perform run off and first production on all new tooling, new machines, and product changes. Document Master process & Thermal images by tool/press.
7. Maintains Master Process Verification system.
8. Assists with installation and troubleshooting of initial production.
9.Build Rigorous process by machine. Document and maintain Master Processes.
10. Establish outside molding partnerships.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities except when filling in for supervisors that are out on vacation or illness; then is responsible for the efficient operation of that department.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Qualifications for the Process Engineer Position:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid state driver's license and current automobile insurance.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay Rate: $75-80k plus benefits
HirePrinciple was founded by a team of experienced executive recruiters with more than 50 years of combined experience serving clients ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 1000.
Accordingly, HirePrinciple's search process is customized to provide superior executive recruitment solutions and staffing needs to employers while matching qualified candidates with the career opportunities that fit their needs.