Support all plans, policies and programs for the overall Human Resources function for the company. As an HR Generalist you will:
- Act as the central point of contact and subject matter expert for located in the Midwest region.
- Provide day-to-day support on human resources activities such as leave administration, policy and procedures, HR compliance, etc.
- Advise managers on discipline, performance management, conflict resolution, and employment risk matters; ensuring a consistent approach when managing employee relations across the business.
Bachelor s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field; or minimum 5 years in Human Resources function required. Must have working knowledge of employee/labor relations, coaching and counseling employees, and conducting internal investigations. Certification strongly preferred. Sense of urgency and ability to work within a fast paced environment required.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Manage FMLA and other leave programs as well as coordinate short-term disability, long-term disability, and life claims.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assist in the termination process, to include manager and employee discussions, performing exit interviews, completing necessary documentation, and analyzing termination data.
- Review and approve offer letters to ensure fair and equitable compensation. Discuss concerns with hiring manager to reach consensus.
- Own and administer the performance appraisal and merit increase process. To include setting up Halogen, training managers, preparing reports, and reviewing and approving performance appraisals.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding any HR policies, procedures and/or programs.
- Manage job descriptions to include creating, verifying, determining FLSA status is defendable, and education and experience requirements are valid and necessary.
- Maintain the service award program.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and posting requirements.
- Complete employment and pay verifications.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of employee information in all personnel systems and records, to include compensation information.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn to effectively operate any company software with training.
- Able to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others.
- Ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong initiative.
- Knowledge of human resource processes and benefits.
- Positive customer service and strong people skills.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field; or minimum five years in Human Resources function.
- HR certification preferred.
Direct Hire position - Salary dependent on experience. Comprehensive benefit package.
HirePrinciple was founded by a team of experienced executive recruiters with more than 50 years of combined experience serving clients ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 1000. HirePrinciple knows building a qualified team is critical to achieve superior results. We also understand that the goals of each organization and individual are unique. Accordingly, HirePrinciple s search process is customized to provide recruitment solutions to employers and match candidates with the career opportunities that fit their needs.